Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The Advanced Practice Providers at Allegheny Health Network are an integral part of the care delivery system working together to provide a healing environment, by placing our customers first. The APP provides primary or acute healthcare services for acute or chronic health conditions in specific populations in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Perform complete, detailed and accurate histories, review patient records and perform complete physical examinations. (30%)
- Order laboratory, radiological and diagnostic studies appropriate for complaint, age, race, gender and physical condition of the patient. Interpret and evaluate patient data to determine patient treatment plan. (5%)
- Make medical diagnoses and institute appropriate therapy within applicable scope and standards of practice. (5%)
- Appropriate understanding and timely documentation to support medical coding and billing. (5%)
- Provide instructions and guidance regarding medical care matters to patients and/or family. (5%)
- Record and report pertinent information in EMR and to attending physician of record. (5%)
- Perform hospital rounds and document appropriate patient progress notes; accurately transcribe and execute specific orders at the direction of the attending physician of record. (5%)
- Institute emergency measures and emergency treatment or appropriate stabilization measures in acute patient situations such as cardiac arrest, hemorrhage, or shock. (5%)
- Identify and inform the attending physician of record of all significant changes to the patient’s ongoing condition in a timely manner. (5%)
- Maintain mandatory professional continuing education. (5%)
- Active participant of medical education to student learners and professional staff, as supported by knowledge base. (5%)
- Active participant in patient safety, quality improvement processes and patient engagement and satisfaction. (5%)
- Maintain compliance with the medical staff office. (5%)
- Maintain professional practice consistent with the organizational and advanced practice mission statements. (5%)
- Specialty specific procedures and expectations as stated with privileging and job agreement. (5%)
- Graduate from an ARC-PA accredited program OR Graduate from a Pennsylvania Board of Nursing Approved Master’s or Post Master’s program
- CPR certification
- Current Pennsylvania Physician Assistant License OR Current Pennsylvania RN license, CRNP license and Pennsylvania Prescriptive Authority
- Hospital Setting
- Rotation of 12 hour shifts
- Position available at Forbes and West Penn Hospital
- 1-3 years department specific experience
- ACLS certification
- DEA license
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice