Job Description :
***Entirely Remote Work From Anywhere Role!***
At Highmark Health, data, analytics, and technology are at the heart of our strategy. Leveraging our unique position as a payor and a provider, the Enterprise Data and Analytics team implements advanced solutions that generate differentiated insights that pave the way for everyone to embrace health. We lead cutting-edge cloud technology solutions, are funded to pursue bold ideas, and we have access to innovative partners, including world-class institutions such as Carnegie Mellon and Johns Hopkins Universities. Enterprise Data and Analytics team members are enabled to thrive in a flexible Work From Anywhere environment that fosters career growth, work-life balance, and professional development.
Specializing in: Python – Django/Flask, Rest API, React, SQL
Note: Highmark Health’s Work From Anywhere policy enables you to be remote or in-office, and this role has the opportunity to request your preferred workspace option on application.
Highmark Health’s software engineers help make us a groundbreaking industry leader in using and adopting advanced analytics to improve the lives of our members and patients. Our Advanced Analytic products and capabilities are central to realizing Highmark’s mission to create a remarkable health experience, freeing people to be their best. Our software engineers are integral members of an agile team in our Advanced Analytics organization, responsible for building complex scalable software and data pipelines to serve internal and external customers.
We are looking for engineers who are versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack. You will be involved in every aspect of the software application build process from idea generation, business analysis, technical design and software development using the latest technologies and design patterns. You will work with data scientists, product owners, and business stakeholders to take an enterprise-wide, architectural view of the solutions and technical execution of our analytic products using the selected technical stack.
- Responsible for designing and creating engineering specifications for software applications and programs. Responsible for designing & writing code that adheres to coding standards set forth by the Principal Engineers. Performs code reviews.
- Responsible for idea generation, exploring and implementing appropriate technical solutions to achieve the required product features, as well as monitoring technical process against project plan while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance.
- Apart of an agile work team and responsible for participating in all scrum ceremonies, assisting in sprint planning and completing required sprints in the development through final execution of software applications/programs. Communicate any issues/blockers to the Scrum Master in a timely manner.
- Drive story creation (i.e. DoD, Acceptance Criteria, estimation). Create Tasks for their stories in RTC or Jira, and updates status and assignment accordingly
- Monitor work against production schedule and provide progress updates and report any issues or technical difficulties to lead developers on a regular basis.
- Mentor other associate and intermediate software engineers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 5 – 7 years proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns in the building and deploying of scalable; highly available systems
- 5 years of understanding of web services technologies such as REST, HTTPS, JSON
- 5 years in defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs for optimizing short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities
- 7 – 10 years of working with a variety of technology systems, designing solutions or developing applications in healthcare
- 5 years of translating design mockups, prototypes and user stories into working applications
- 5 years of ability to produce code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable
- 1 year of working with Machine Learning esp. in Natural Language Understanding, Machine Translation, Deep Neural Networks and related fields
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Have experience working with agile methodology of scrum
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong track record in designing and implementing large scale consumer facing applications
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability
- Experience and willingness to mentor junior engineers and help develop their skills and leadership
Referral Bonus: Level 4
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice